Thursday, April 7, 2011

Detox, Detox, Detox!!!

The time has come that Hayden is ready for heavy metal detoxification.  I feel like I have been waiting my whole life to start the detoxification process with him. 

Hayden has high levels of cadmium and lead in his little body and we have known about this for over a year now.  The reason we have not started detoxification sooner is because his body was not healthy enough.  Well he is now healthy enough :) 

In the past 14 months Hayden has gained 7lbs and grew 5.5 inches.  This may not seem like a lot for the average person but he did not grow or gain weight for 16 months.

I gave Hayden his first does of his detoxification medication (dmsa) yesterday and he will have that for two more days then take eleven days off.  We are going to complete four cycles then check his labs.  Dr.Macari thinks that Hayden will need about 9 months of detoxification.

I feel like I have won the powerball :)  I just want this crap that has been causing my son's body to have neurological chaos out of his body.  This is the final big step in Hayden's healing and now we wait....

We wait to see results and my gut tells me they are going to be huge :)  We couldn't have started detox at a more perfect time.  We have had such a rough winter illness wise and through all if it Hayden has prevailed. 

His speech continues to explode. He is talking in complete sentences...using nouns, verbs, pronouns, and proper tense.  This is HUGE!!  Six months ago he said 1-2 word phrases when he wanted something. He now talks and sings from the moment he steps out of bed to the time he closes his eyes to go to sleep.  There is only one word to describe it......BEAUTIFUL!!  I take in every word he says and cherish it.  What a journey we are on. 




1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you, Brandi! It gives me goose bumps reading your blog. I look forward to hearing about your little guy break out of his shell!

    ReplyDelete