Saturday, December 18, 2010

What's in a name?

For many months I have been telling myself that I need to start a blog. I want to have documentation of the every day events that take place in my world.  One day I want my children to reflect on my thoughts and feeling on all of their amazing milestones and every day antics.  Let me tell you we have some crazy antics at our home ;)  I also want to help others that are effected by autism.

I have an amazing three year old named Hayden.  At the tender age of three has overcome so much.  More than most people endure in a lifetime.  Hayden has autism.  At the age of 18 months Hayden was non-verbal, no eye contact, tantrum all day long, and could not handle any kind of change in his environment.  He was non-responsive to us or anyone for that matter.  He was very much "the lights are one but nobody was home".  Notice the word WAS.  Our lives have changed so much since than. 

Ruby Kay is our sweet, sassy little girl.  She is 15 months old and is a easy going little girl.  That is until you tell her no and she will stomp her little feet and pout that little lip.  She adores her big brother and has the rest of us wrapped around her little finger.

Brandon is my partner in crime.  We have been married for 8 years and have had a lot of great times and some not so great times.  We have grown up together and oh how our lives have changed since we started dating in 1998.  Brandon is an amazing man and I am truly blessed to have him as a partner.  He is a rock and with one look at his face I know exactly what he is thinking.  We are disfunctionaly  functional.

Then comes Winston Jay our 8 year old weenie dog.  He was once our main focus.  He was our first "child" and is treated better than most children.  He is a great dog that deserves more than what he gets these days.  Winston spends his days hiding from the kids and hoping that we remember to feed him and let him out to potty.

So why the name "Pieces of Us"?  Autism is like a puzzle.  There are so many components to it.....puzzle pieces if you may.  With the expertise of Dr.Stacie Macari we our slowly (but surely) putting Hayden's puzzle together and helping him reach his full potential.    We our doing this 100% through biomedical treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment