Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Plague.....uGh

The stomach flu has been in our house for 5 days now.  I must say that the past 5 days have been a nightmare.  We all have been miserable.  Puking, pooping, aching, fever.....you name it we have it!!!  Any kind of illness with Hayden freaks me out!  He is imunosuppresed it hits him a lot harder than a "normal" child. 

When he is sick we get out of our normal routine and this hits Hayden hard.  We are also unable (due to him vomiting them up) to give him the many vitamins, supplements, probiotics, and enzymes that he so desperately needs.  Today he tantrumed for 90 minutes after his nap.  I can't even tell you the mix of emotions I feel when he is like this. This is what are lives USE to be like every day with him.  He would tantrum all day long.  I don't know how I stayed calm and dealt with it on a daily basis.  It breaks my heart to see him like this.  I know that there is mass ciaos going on in his body and there is nothing that I can do to help him.  He is hurting and I can't fix it. :(

So far today he has kept down the vitamins that I have given him.  I am hopeful that I can get the rest down.  I am expecting bad behavior from Hayden for the next 5-7 days.  I just wish I can snap my fingers and we can get back to normal from the plague rocking our routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment