Friday, September 30, 2011

A team of 8!!!

What a week, what a week, what a week!!

 My husband has been at the Autism Treatment Center of America for the past 6 days learning all about the Son Rise program.  I am super happy that he went and can't wait to hear all about his time away.  The Autism Treatment Center is such an amazing place.  There is something so calming, peaceful, and healing there.  We don't have many opportunities to be surrounded by other parents that understand what we are going through.  At The Autism Treatment Center you are surrounded by people that understand and want to help their children.

I can't wait for Brandon to get home and starting working with Hayden.  I am excited to see the changes that have happened in Brandon while he was gone.  I must admit I am most excited for him to come home and take back his "jobs"  I do NOT like dealing with the trash, recycling, laundry, and checkbook.  I did his jobs and I must say I did them well, but I am DONE with them and they are all ready for him to take back!!!

This week we added two more volunteers.  We have a total of EIGHT volunteers, that is right EIGHT volunteers!!!!!  It is amazing you ask for help and people help you.  Why didn't I learn how to ask for help sooner.  With Brandon and myself we are a team of ten.  I need to come up with a name for Hayden's team.  I would love to hear some ideas for a team name!!

I am getting positive feedback from our volunteers.  Hayden's eye contact is improving quickly.  He is giving complete strangers eye contact and giving me eye contact about 80% of the time now.  His using language a lot more too.  He said to Ruby as she climbed the barstools this week to, "Be careful Ruby."  Hayden is also using more specific words.  Instead of saying "help please" he will say "open the door I want a snack" or "more" he says exactly what he wants more of.

I am also seeing him being more affectionate and interactive with others.  Hayden gets so excited when his volunteers come to play with him.  He loves being in his playroom with them.  As soon as they walk in the door he starts saying let's play.  I am getting hugs and kisses on a daily basis with out even asking for them.

I am excited for the future and in love with the present.  What a gift it is to watch your children grow and develop.  I seriously love being Hayden and Ruby's Mommy.  They bring so much joy to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment