Monday, April 23, 2012

I'm Spreading the Word :)

WoW!!  What an amazing week I had at The Autism Treatment Center of America!!  Maximum Impact was all that I dreamed of and so much more.  I did some hard core soul searching and have a defined purpose now.  I am working hard on being nonjudgmental and a honest person.  So don't ask my opinion if you really don't want it ;)  I also learned some great tools to implement in Hayden's Son-Rise Program and made life long friends!!

Some pretty amazing things have been happening to me since I left The Option Institute.  The first being that my flight was delayed.  I didn't discover this until about 20 minutes until boarding time.  The problem with this was I only had a 40 minute lay over and was fearful that I was going to miss my flight.  I walked  to the intake area of the airport (not sure what it is really called) to find out what to do about my connection.  I had tears in my eyes and was shaking a bit.  I really wanted to be home when my kids woke up in the morning.  As I was waiting in line I took a deep breath and close my eyes to help calm myself down.  I said to myself in that moment that I was going to choose to be happy no matter what happens and that I will get home.  It was my turn and I told the attendant what happened and she looked at the computer to see about my connecting flight and if there would be other options for me.  As luck would have my connecting flight was delayed as well.  It was going to be tight to catch my connecting flight but was still possible.

I board the plane and we were headed to the take off area (don't know the name of that either) and the plane stopped.  The captain came on the intercom and said that we would not be taking off due to weather conditions at the landing airport.  Okay, deep breath!!  I decided that if I miss my connection than okay.  I pull out my Gut and Phycology Syndrome Book and begin reading.  GAPS is the diet we are switching to May 1st to help heal Hayden's little body.  The diet is grain free, refined sugar free, and lactose free.

The lady sitting next to me asked if I was a psychology student.  I said no, explained the diet and why we were doing it.  Amazing as is was the lady told me that she has a 29 year old son with Aspergers.  She asked me what kind of life I thought Hayden would have and the effect on my family autism would have.  She also told me to be prepared for a lot of heartache and stress.

Well if anyone knows me, you know this women got a ear full in a totally amazing way.  I told her what Hayden use to be like and what he is like now.  I let her know that there is not a doubt in my mind or anyone that knows Hayden knows that he is going to make a FULL recovery from autism.  I explained The Son-Rise Program and all the biomedical treatments we have been doing.  The lady then gave me some words of wisdom.....be really careful with how I address my daughter.  She felt that should put to much pressure on her daughter because her son had many flaws and that her daughter feels that she has to be perfect.

I kindly listened to her but I addressed her concern.  I told her that I am not worried about that at all.  I let her know that Hayden is not viewed in a negative way ever.  That he is just fine the way he is and so is my daughter.  I told her that I feel Ruby having a brother with autism is going to make her a better person.  She is going to love and accept people just the way the are.  That she is going to have a better understanding of people with special challenges.  I also told her that she gets more attention than the average two year old.

I chatted back and forth with this women for around 1.5 hours.  The conversation ended on a positive note and the lady said she was very happy to have met me.  I gave her a card from The Autism Treatment Center of America.  She said she would wish me luck, but I obviously didn't need it :)

The plane was preparing to land and the flight attendant came over the loud speaker to announce connecting flight information.  As amazing as it was my connecting flight was taking out of the same gate as my landing flight which means.......drum roll please..........I MADE MY CONNECTING FLIGHT!!!  Woot...Woot...and I was going to be home when my babies woke up :)  The lady sitting next to me smiled and said....you sure have a spark to you!

I got of the plane had time for a quick bathroom break and loaded on to the same plane again for my flight home.  This time I set beside a man that use to live where I flew out of.  He asked me what I was doing in Hartford and I told him about the training and he asked me questions about Hayden and the program and was taking in all I had to say.  He asked me what I thought cause autism and if you can all imagine I gave him an ear full )

I told him that we live in a toxic world and the food we eat is horrible!  He asked a lot of questions about food and I told him to watch Food Inc.  He then asked where he could get organic meat and produce from.  He told me we was sold on eating healthier.  We talked the entire hour flight about nutrition.

My journey home was a good reminder of why I am doing what I am doing and that people truly care :)  I do have the power to motivate people to make positive changes in their lives.  I am going to keep spreading the word!!!

XOXO,
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment