Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hayden is a recovering stud muffin :)

Well, I started the day with nothing on our agenda except operation disinfect the house and rest.  I have been sick the last couple days and the kids had runny noses.  I canceled therapy for the day because honestly I was tired and I knew Brandon was going to be gone all day.  I just didn't have it in me to be a team leader, chief, Mom, housewife, and doctor, for the day.

I must say it was super strange for me to have nothing to do but disinfect the house, prepare meals for the kids, care for the kids, give Hayden his supplements, and just chill.   STRANGE FEELING!!!  I was not feeling up to parr form my illness but decided to take advantage of the day.

The kids played well with each other for about 2 hours and I really got a lot done.  I was shocked!!  Did you read that.......my kids played TOGETHER for 2 hours straight.  Holy Crap!!!  I still can't believe how much I got accomplished.  I started thinking hmmm........it sure looks nice outside I think it would be a perfect day for a trip to the zoo.

So after lunch we packed up the car and away the kids and I went for our first zoo trip of the season.  Hayden told me he wanted to see the sharks, jelly fish, fish, and lions.  He also told me he wanted to ride the boats and carousel.  Hayden walked the entire zoo, followed directions, talked about what he was seeing, and played with other children.  He was very focused on seeing what he wanted to see which was fine.  Hayden was totally open to seeing everything else once his to do list was done.

I must say it was a magical trip to the zoo.  The real magic happened after the zoo when we went to Red Robin for dinner.  When the waitress asked Hayden what he wanted for dinner he looked her in the eyes and said, "chicken on a stick and lorax trees (broccoli)."  Hell YES Hayden!!!  He patiently waited for his food and played with Ruby and I at the table.  When we left Hayden waved at people and said, "bye" as we walked by them.  We went to get balloons as we left.  The hostess asked Hayden what color of balloon he wanted and he looked right at here and said, "blue please."  He even gave her this flirty grin he has.   She got the balloon and went to tie it on Hayden's wrist.  I thought.......oh, this is not going to be good but wanted to see what Hayden did.  Hayden stuck out his arm for her to tie it on to him.  He than said, "thanks."  I seriously started to sob.   I couldn't believe my kid that was completely non-verbal, severe sensory issues, no eye contact, tantrumed 90% of the day and night just stuck out his arm and said thanks like he had been doing it all his life.

Yep, I think we are closing the door on autism soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment