Thursday, September 4, 2014

Happy 5th Birthday Ruby Kay!!!

Dear Ruby Kay,

I can't hardly believe that you are turning 5 years old in a few short hours.  You have brought everything pinky, sparkly, and girly into my life.  I am happy, grateful, and a little sad today that my sweet princess is 5 years old already.  It's hard to believe you were once my chunky little baby that's favorite activity was eating.

You continue to grow and learn on a daily basis.  Your current favorite color is rainbow, you favorite food is snacks that Grammie gives you, and your favorite person is Mommy.

You love mermaids and have spent a lot of time this past summer being a mermaid.  My favorite is when you told me that mermaid did not wear bottoms and you determined to only swim in your swim top.  I let you.  After all we were are Grammie and Papa's and there was no one else around.  Later on you got to meet a mermaid at the aquarium and she told you the mermaids wear bottoms.

You are one determined little girl that knows exactly what she wants, when she wants it, and how she wants it.  I love this about you.  It does making things and times a bit more challenging but I know and see daily that you are getting that there is a time and place for this type of behavior.  You are for sure a leader and star of the show.

You love to go to the library dressed in your princess gowns and tell people that your name is Snow White if you are wearing a Snow White gown.

You love to help Mommy in the kitchen and to be the official taste tester.  You also love going with Daddy and being his assistant landlord.  Assistant landlords often get perks of donuts and cookies.

Your best friend right now is Hayden.  You two have such an incredible bond.  You also can fight like cats and dogs.  You have gotten him to play dress up a few times.

You played basketball this year.  When you found out that the other kids would not stop what they were doing to watch you dribble and shoot you decided basketball was not for you.  You spent most of the games and practices on the bench with Mommy or Daddy.  You did not like it and asked not to play again.  You also played tee ball.  You like tee ball a bit more and said you would like to play again next year.  You really want to do gymnastics.  Mommy really wants you to do ballet.  You will be doing gymnastics and Mommy is hoping that you will want to do ballet one day soon :)  Until then I will continue to love seeing you dress up in my old ballet costumes.

You started school at Oak Farm your 4th year of life half day and recently have started full day.  You love school and all that you do there. You bring maps home daily that you make.  You love to garden with Sandy at school and often tell me stories of how the little boys in your class call you "poop butt".  This morning I observed you putting the dishes away from the dish washer and folding laundry at school.  It made me smile.  I am so proud of you!!!  I love seeing you out in the world doing your own thing.

I often get reports back from those that watch you or spend time with you that you are such a sweet, caring, and helpful little girl.  I love hearing this as you usually show Mommy your "mean girl attitude" at home.

You love to play princesses with Grammie and chase PaPa with the fly swatter.

I am excited to see what the world has in store for you!!!  Whatever it is Mommy has got your back and will be cheering you on all the way!!!  Happy 5th Birthday my sweet and sassy princess, Ruby Kay :) :)  I am so proud to be your Mommy!

Love,
Mommy




You ate most of your first birthday cake with a spoon :)


You sucked your fingers and held your burpie shorty after you were born.  You still suck your fingers and hold your burpie at bedtime.








If there is a veggie tray you are never far away















I always loved the mohawk you had as a baby :)

Coming home from the hospital






No comments:

Post a Comment