Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What a Week.....

This week I was able to share Hayden's story in hopes of encouraging fellow parents to get help for thier autistic children.  I had no idea how emotional this would be for me.  It forced me to really look at the past three and half years of Hayden's life.  It hurts!!  I don't know how else to say it.   It hurts to look back and think off all the red flags that were there.  The pain that Hayden was in and the absolute caos that was going on in his body.  I didn't have a clue.  I really feel like I failed him during the first two year of his life.

I am beyond greatfull that the Riley Autism Clinic had such a long waiting list and the Neurophsycologist cancled his appointment the day before it was suppose to be.  I feel that God did this to me for a reason.  He pushed me to search harder and open my eyes to "alternative" treatment for Hayden's autism.  The day the neruosphycologist cancled on us I chanled my anger into finding treatment for Hayden.  I came across the Carmel Clinic website that night at about three in the morning.  I don't know how to describe it.  While on the website everything seemed to just click and make sense to me.  I felt an amazing warmth of calm come over my body and knew that they could help us.  We had an appointment three days later and what a ride it has been :)

Hayden continues to thrive and make amazing progress daily!!  He is a blessing to all who has the oppurtunity to be a part of his life.  Our family is equally blessed to have / had the therapist, dr's, teachers, friends, and family supporting us, encouraging us, and pushing us to better ourselves.  We have the best support system.  Hayden has so many cheerleeders cheering him on and keeping him in his prayers.  I thank each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart.

We have a long road ahead of us, but I know that Hayden is going to do amazing work with his life!!!

When I was sharing Hayden's story there was not a dry eye in the room and it was an all male camera crew.  I really want to find a way to help others in thier journey of healing thier children.  I just don't know how yet!! 





1 comment:

  1. You were not a failure to him those first 2 years Brandi. Things cannot be redone, don't knock yourself down. You have brought Hayden out of a bad spot and look at him flourish! Many people ignore the signs for years, not that they don't see them, they just deny, but not you...you went full throttle and look at what you both have accomplished. Be proud of all the good things, the miracles that have happened to Hayden, all because you are a determined, loving Mommy. That you should be proud of.

    ReplyDelete