Monday, February 21, 2011

What a well behaved little boy :)

Today was a big day for me as a Mom!!  For the first time ever a complete stranger complimented me a told me what a well behaved little boy I had.  I must admit I had to pause and look around and make sure that she was talking to me.  She said that she was impressed when Hayden accidentally knocked over some boxes at the store and he picked them up with out me even asking him too.  It felt so good to hear a complete stranger complete my little man.  I am so use to getting the "stink" eye from people and horrible advice on parenting.  Once Hayden and I got in the car I broke down and cried!!

I can't believe how far we have come.  Our lives have changed so much in the last year my head is still spinning!!  I wish I could take all the credit for all of Hayden's progress but I can't.  We have been blessed with amazing people that have helped our son more than I could have ever dreamed.  He goes to an amazing school that loves him for who he is, embraces his differences, and pushes him harder than any other child in his class.  The way his teachers look at him and treat him amazes me.  You can just see it in their faces how much they love him and care about him.  They want to see Hayden succeed just as much as I do.  So hear is a huge shout out to Oak Farm Montessori and especially Candy, Lori, and Nefy you are our angels and have made a huge impact on our family!!  There are many others in our support system that are amazing, I wanted to focus on his school today :)

All in all Hayden had a good check up.  We are holding off on detox for another month (some lab results are still pending) and switching up his supplements a little bit.  His food sensitivities have changed.......grrrr.  It is good and bad news. He is now sensitive to almonds.  For the life of me I don't know why this caught me off guard, but it sure did.  This is the one food that he eats every day.  He loves almond milk, almond ice cream, and almond chocolate.  I now have to transition him off almonds...joy, oh, joy.   On the bright side he can have corn, pork, strawberries, and lemon again!!!  Woot, Woot.....I am excited!!!!  I have missed strawberries greatly!! I don't think we are going to eat pork.  We don't miss it at all and it is hard to get organic.

At Hayden's appointment his doctor looked me in the eye and told me she is 99% percent sure that Hayden is going to make a full recovery!!!!  It took me a very awkward minute to process what she said. I was speechless.  I have always thought that Hayden will live a happy, fulfilling life, but to be recovered from autism fully WOW.  I believe her, she has been right on about Hayden this far.  I honestly don't think she would say with out meaning it and she has treated hundreds of autistic children.

I know that there are a lot of people out there that think what we are doing with Hayden is a hoax.  There is a slight part of me that cares what they think.  All I have to say is, "The results don't lie."  If you would have known my son at the age of 18 months and meet him now you would totally get it!!!

Autism is treatable.  There is help out there.  Every day that you wait to get treatment is a day in your child's neurological development that you can't get back!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment