Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I eat, breath, and sleep autism

Autism is always on my brain!!  I eat, sleep, and breath autism.  There is never a moment in my life that I am not evaluating treatment paths, planning every bite of food that goes in my children's mouths, over analyzing my sons behavior, reading and researching, looking at Ruby for any hint of a "red" flag, or feeling every emotion there is towards autism.

I feel as though in the quest to save my son from the secluded world of autism I have lost my self to it.  It consumes every part of me deep into my core and I feel so broken and lost.  I am no longer Brandi, I am Hayden's Mom healing him from autism.  All the things I use to enjoy have went to the way side.

I need to find balance and I have no clue how.  How do I stop my obsessive compulsive behavior towards autism??  Hayden is doing so well and with out a doubt in my mind is going to live a productive happy life. I feel like I need a twelve step program to detox from being so consumed with Hayden's illness.  Why can't I just let go and relax?

I need to make time and re-connect with myself and my husband.  I have put us on hold and focused every bit of energy I have into my kids.  I feel that I would be a better Mom if I would take time for myself and strengthen my relationship with my husband.  I want my kids to know the "real"me not the crazy lady obsessed with autism.  I want them to know how much I love and value their father and set a positive example of a healthy relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment